Thread: Cutting
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
LEliz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,177, Level: 11 Points: 6,177, Level: 11 Points: 6,177, Level: 11

Cutting - August 13th 2015, 11:13 PM

Okay, so I don't know how to ease into this nicely, so I'm just going to type it bluntly. Every time I get in a conflict, even rather minor ones, with my mother or my sister, I feel like cutting myself, and often do. It can be something very minor, like my mother will ask about a not-so-good grade I got or my sister will tell me that I didn't clean something up well enough. Even minor things like that make me get this panicky feeling. Usually I end up crying and go off to my room and cut a few times. I used to do the same thing except just dig my fingernails into my arm, it only escalated to cutting within this past year. I guess I just want to know why exactly I do this and how to stop. It happens fairly often, to be honest, and the cutting seems like such an easy and quick fix. I feel panicked during the conflict, snd if I just go to my room and don't cut, I keep thinking about the conflict. Cutting just makes me feel better, and less panicky. I just want to know the exact reason I do this, and maybe that will help me stop? Thanks to anyone who reads this. It's very appreciated.