View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffeegirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,681, Level: 10 Points: 4,681, Level: 10 Points: 4,681, Level: 10

Re: I'm 16 and my parents won't let me hang out with friends on my own? - September 4th 2015, 11:25 PM

I can understand. You wouldn't believe how much I understand you. My mother thinks that she knows what's best for me all the time but I just can't connect with her. I'm not allowed to say that I'm going to a football game without her overreacting because I said it like I was entitled to it. It's like parents have their kids in this cage. The door is always locked but it seems like other kids parents let their kids do what they want and the unfortunate people like us are forced to endure the anger and humiliation our parents cause us socially. Parents think they are doings what's best for us, but in reality could be pushing us to the brink. I know that I feel the urge to pick fights with my mom on a regular basis. This happens when she wont let me do things that every other kid I know is allowed to do.
I'm not going to say any bullshit advice like "try to see your parents view point" because I know from personal experience that it doesn't work like that. All you can see is red. You aren't alone in this. The best advice I can give you is to let it out somehow. You can kick a ball really hard or you can shout until you cry. Even confronting your parents with the raw and painful truth can be so freeing. Good luck kid.