View Single Post
  (#9780 (permalink)) Old
Forging Galaxies Offline
Chaotic mind...
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Pathetic person

Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14 Points: 9,464, Level: 14

Re: Complaint of the day - September 7th 2015, 12:05 AM

(SPOILERS for those who plan to play Metal gear solid 5...)

Well... Metal Gear solid 5 was lacking to say the least, wish they laid out the story more and not squeezed them into tapes you listen to.
The series been praised upon since the first game for its story but now it's clear that this is the likely the crappiest game they made, well not crap... I enjoyed the stealth and the whole planning out how to do your stealth before entering the outpost and all but everything else was just meh...
The ending though... left me mind-screwed but meh... this game needs more cut-scenes and emotions on the characters, pretty sure Miller was the only emotional one...
Ocelot was charming...
The fake Big Boss was quiet... which I was pissed about, but then... the ending basically said you're not the real big boss and the real one planned all this... for you to act as some phantom. Hence why he's not acting to the character that much...

I was planning to purchase the other MGS games but it's not worth it... no matter how good the plot in those games are... despite MGS5. I put hours into learning about the lore and the series just to know what the hell is happening when I play Metal gear solid 5 but the game was... idk, it's good but it felt average. Maybe it's my writer's hunch but even I can make the story be expressed more clearly. I wonder why Konami fired the director for the entire series...? Hmmm lol.
The plot twist does make sense but... it just don't work with me, I understand that it's saying that Big boss is you!!! But if that was me, I would get the hell outta of there and return to normal life with PSTD and guilt, no way I was gonna be some horrible evil guy a decade later if i stayed lol...
Seriously, when I brought the game... I thought i was gonna get into the story that is engaging and tells how Big boss basically becomes the bad guy as he is the villain in other games in the series (i think... it's confusing). That's a better story than the crap laid in the game.
My brain hurts and im sleepy... screw typos and my grammar...

EDIT: Also after thinking about it for now, I think the company that owns the developers's company might have cut content out so it can be purchased as DLC later...
Now that I look at it, when I finished chapter 1... that was basically the majority of the game... but when Chapter 2 starts... it's mostly the same missions from chapter one but with higher difficulty and requirements to complete that mission using full stealth which pissed me off tbh... it just drives my engagement from the game away. I understand making the game harder but re-doing the missions again is just really lazy. Why not add missions with the higher difficulties? Really kills my mood to play the game...
But I'm starting to believe Konami basically screwed the developers who likely worked their asses off to make a great game only to have bits of story cut out only to release the bits they cut out as DLC to purchase later on. But that's just my hope and I'm done being engaged with the series now.

EDIT 2: Ok, this game is definitely rushed and it's nothing to do with the developers at all, I'm quite mad that Konami made the game be released half-arsed.
I got this is my complaint...

I suppose Fallout 4 is going to be the only game that won't disappoint me
. I hope...

Last edited by Forging Galaxies; September 8th 2015 at 11:33 PM.