Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: controlling anxiety - September 12th 2015, 06:35 AM

Hey Emma,

It is great that you are reaching out for help with this. The sooner you can receive appropriate support the better.
It may be helpful for you to pay close attention to your daily routine and what different situations occur around when you start to feel anxious. Keeping a journal of when you start to feel anxious, what is going on at that time, during a panic attack and afterward . Having a journal will allow you to track these moments over time and they would be a great record to show your doctor or a counselor/therapist if you decide to seek counseling for this.
Another thing that may be helpful is trying grounding techniques such as things that require you to engage all of your senses. Try looking for three different items in the room you are in, touching threee things, recognizing any smells around you and noticing any sounds as well (ie. people talking, typing, a teacher writing on a white board or chalk board.
I kno wthis is not much of a reply but I hope it helps some. Also do not hesitate to talk to a school counselor or ask your parents about getting a counselor. There are forms of therapy that work well for treating anxiety and medications can help as well if needed.