Thread: Triggering (SH): My head of year phoned my parents!
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: My head of year phoned my parents! - September 12th 2015, 08:52 PM

Hi there.

I am sorry to hear you're going through a hard time right now. I hope things get better for you as time goes on.

I can relate to your situation as this happened to me many times while I was in school. Your school have a care of duty towards you which is why they called your mum. They have a responsibility for you while you're there and believe it or not, your teachers care about you, a lot. Them knowing about this, shouldn't affect the way they see you, feel about you or talk to you. You're still you and you're still the same person even though you self harm. It doesn't change who you are and they should understand that and respect that so I would try not to worry about that, okay?

As for your mum worrying, she's going to to. She's your mum and your her baby and no matter how old you get, you always will be here baby. She loves you and cares about you and perhaps its okay for her to worry about you but maybe now is a good time to be honest with her, if you feel able too, and tell her the truth so she and your school can support you through this because all of these people can help you through this but only if they know the truth and what's going on for you right now, you know? You don't have to suffer in silence in this.

I know it's all really hard at the moment but things will get better. I don't know why you are self harming or if there is a reason but if you want to talk to us about it more then feel free too because we're here to listen and we're here to give you the best advice that we can do and that's what we will do. We won't let you go through this by yourself. We'll be here all the way, because we care too.

Stay strong and don't be alone,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018