View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BreathingIn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12 Points: 7,702, Level: 12

Bullied by manager at work - September 13th 2015, 02:46 AM

I recently began a new job. There are a couple managers who switch their time at the food place I work, and there's one who is completely mean to me for no reason.

I've been getting along with everyone else who works there, and they're all nice to each other. But this one manager yells at me every time she's near me.

I'm a fast learner and have been doing well with the job. But she yells at me very passive aggressively, saying things like "Honey, you need to listen to me! You need to know this! Now go do it!"

She doesn't stop all day long. It's not like she yells at me over one thing. She yells and demands more work from me ALL DAY when she's there. Every second I'm in her presence, she is ordering me around angrily.

She makes me want to quit the job, but I need the money. After all, she's only one person and everyone else is very nice to me and tells me that I'm doing well so far. But on the days she's there and yelling at me the entire time, I come home and cry. It is truly, truly awful. Even with all the nice people, she makes me scared to go into work because if she's there, then I know it is going to be a bad day.

Since I just started the job, I feel I shouldn't go to the bigger manager and explain what's happening, because I don't want to look like I'm complaining already. My family said to give it some time and if she keeps it up, then I can talk to someone higher up.

What would you do? I don't want to quit my job but I don't want to be terrorized by this anymore. Like I said, it upsets me so bad that I come home and cry