View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Points: 6,887, Level: 12 Points: 6,887, Level: 12 Points: 6,887, Level: 12

Re: Bullied by manager at work - September 13th 2015, 04:22 AM

Hey there,

Unfortunately there are often a lot of managers, especially in entry level jobs, who don't know how to behave professionally at all. I've had a few different jobs and I have experienced this kind of thing more than once. I think it's completely unfair that anyone with that kind of attitude would be given the privilege to be a manager, but sometimes that's just the way it is.

I think that your family gave you some good advice. Maybe once you have been working there longer and she sees how well you are doing she will lighten up a little. And if she doesn't you can then decide whether or not you want to talk to another manager.

But I think it would also be a good idea to try not to let it get to you so much. I know that that's easier said than done. I used to work in a fast food restaurant and I would often end up sooo stressed out because they were always understaffed and the manager was not always understanding, and trying to do your job insanely quickly while being yelled at by a manager is so difficult. But you just have to realize that it's not a personal attack and it probably doesn't even have anything to do with you at all; it's simply a problem with their attitude. Just because they don't know how to act professionally or they have a bad attitude doesn't mean that you're not a good worker or that that you're not doing a good job. I know it's hard, but you just have to do your best not to take it personally. There are always going to be a few jerks no matter where you work, and if you let it get to you any time that someone is rude to you, it will be difficult to find any job that you are comfortable with.