View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WhisperingSilence Offline
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: Bullied by manager at work - September 13th 2015, 10:33 AM

Hi, I've had similar issues at work. Not with a manager. But with a student who was on a college workplacement - and occaisonally from a supervisor. I put up with it at first from the student simply because at the time I was also a student on a work placement but was doing an apprenticeship rather than like just an college course and was a higher level than the other student - I was also alot younger than the other student and felt like that maybe I was doing something wrong. It got to the point where my manager (I had about 6 managers in the time I worked there) did notice and did like ask me why I'd been keeping quiet. I simply explained it seemed silly to say anything as they were older than me. My manager told me age does not actually matter.. and that she should not be doing what she was it got to the point where she was like throwing my belongings about and being physically and verbally abusive towards in me the work place... My manager sacked her..

My supervisor was a bit like your manager except it seemed my superviosr did actually like want what was best for me - but was just like going about it in the wrong way but constantly shouting at me and such like and trying to get me to do things her way as her way was the right way and you could not argue with her or do anything differently or I would be yelled at and possibly pulled about. Sometimes maybe it was needed the yelling but not constantly. If it was excessive yelling and un-needed my other collegaues would like step in and tell her to back off abit.

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that is there a way that you could like maybe tell your manager (and that your not the only one whos had like troublesome/problem people who you work with ) 'I get you only want to help me and everything but is there a way you could maybe help me without like constantly yelling at me as its not really helping the situation' or maybe talk to the other people who you work with and see if you can all work together to sort the problem out ? Like you I would come home and often cry if it had been a particulary bad day with either the student or my supervisor. Maybe you could sit down with the manager that is shouting at you and talk this through with them - tell them how their making you feel and explain to them that you get that may only like being trying to help you in the job but yelling at you like the way they are is not like going to help anything and see how it goes ?

How ever with me - once my supervisor found out about the anxiety and depression she felt awful and suddenly wanted to help and support me - of course this all came about after me seeing my Dr and like getting signed off from work. She wasnt really the cause of it - I had and still do have like a load of other stuff going on and with the pressures from work on top was like to much. The thing with my superviosr aswell was the age gap - she was like 30-40 years my age meaning she had rather old fashioned ways of dealing with the younger / juniors in the work place wanting to help them but usually that came in the form of yelling and bossing and her like always wanting to be right.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.