(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Bullied by manager at work - September 14th 2015, 05:15 PM

Hey there,

I went through a similar experience when I started my current job. One girl would boss me around. I was the same as you, coming home crying, feeling miserable for a job. The thing that was even worse was managers knew it was happening but never done anything to intervene and at the time I was a temp, so I didn't want to ruin my chance of a permanent position. Things did eventually get slightly better and luckily now she has left, so there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

One good thing I would say is, at least this manager isn't there constantly and you don't have to put up with this behaviour all the time you're at work, because it does get hard and it does affect you mentally, it's not a position I would encourage people to stay in if they can help it, because it just makes you feel progressively worse.

I think you should wait a little while and see how things play out, see if things don't improve. When she's around try not to let her comments get to you, which I know is much easier said than done. Try to focus on the positive and remember that you don't have to put up with her everyday, and try to also remember that it isn't you doing anything wrong and she is the person with the issue and not you. I think if things don't improve then maybe you should speak with her personally before taking things higher, ask if you can have a word with her and just explain that you feel that she is singling you out for not reason, and say to her you would rather resolve whatever issues she may have on an informal manner than to take things down the formal route. You may find that that is enough to get her to sort her attitude out, she may realise that her behaviour is wrong and if she doesn't change it then she will be getting herself into a lot of trouble. Obviously if nothing improves then I would suggest taking things in a formal direction and contacting higher management or Human Resources.

At the end of the day this woman's behaviour is wrong and you don't deserve to go to work feeling so unhappy whenever she is around. You deserve to be able to go to work in peace and just go in, do your shift and go home. No one deserves to work in an environment that they are that unhappy in. Of course no matter where you go and work there are always going to be those who don't like you for whatever reason and that's okay as long as it doesn't become victimisation or bullying. I think more people than would like to admit have been bullied in the work place, but most don't get the courage to speak up about it, and that's wrong because the people who are doing the bullying just seem to get away with it with very little or no repercussions.

I wish you the best of luck, I really hope you get this resolved as I know this is not something nice to be going through.

I'm always here if you need a chat,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words