Thread: School
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: School - September 15th 2015, 09:42 PM

Hey there.

I'm sorry you're having lots of difficulties at school. It sounds really hard for you.

Have you spoken to your therapist about how you're concerned you may have an eating disorder? Along with that, have you told your therapist about how bad your anxiety is and if she has any helpful ideas on coping with it during school?

As for eating in front of others, have you talked to your teacher personally and explained it's not as simple as just staying with your friends? Hopefully some other arrangement could be made. Long-term speaking, do you think it would help to take steps in gently easing out of your comfort zone so you feel more at ease to be able to eat around others? I realize it can't be easy because otherwise you would be able to do it with no problem. It might feel impossible to overcome but you can do it with time and effort. Something that would help is to do little things that scare you and move up to the bigger thing such as eating lunch at school. How about eating around small groups of people at first and working your way up from there? Eventually it might begin to come more easily to you.

Is there a specific teacher or maybe your school counselor that you could talk to about this? Perhaps you could ask them if you can go talk to them when you feel a panic attack coming so that you do have a source of support. On the note of support, can you wait till you and your friends are alone (not in a crowded lunchroom or school halls) and take time to explain your struggles to your friends so they understand? Hopefully if they understood, they'd provide support to you and you also wouldn't feel anxiety over wondering if they think you're being weird. As for everyone else, I don't think their thoughts are that you're "being weird". I imagine a lot more people than you think have their own struggles as well so even if they don't display it, they may understand better than you know.

Are there any classes at school or any school activities (clubs, sports, extra classes etc) that you'd be interested in? I thought that if you had things to look forward to that it'd make school more enjoyable for you rather than a source of anxiety.

Hope this helped somehow and that school becomes easier for you soon. Take care.