View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Blib Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,801, Level: 10 Points: 4,801, Level: 10 Points: 4,801, Level: 10

Re: Feeling a bit torn (High School) - September 17th 2015, 05:00 PM

Programming is really that boring and exhausting? Hm...

And yes i realize at this point, that the 'finding the job you love' is only a small part of the big picture here.

If there is one thing i value here in life it is my freetime, and the space and time to do the things i will need/want to do whatever that may be. I like the idea of a lazy simple life and i intend to somehow accomplish such a comfortable future where i might have my days relaxed and slow-going and room for shenanigans or other activites when i feel like it.

Of course, being educated in construction and perhaps waking as early as 6:00 to work to 16:00 or something obviously doesn't seem very appealing then.. The pay is pretty average, and the work is hard.

I have one other school to choose from, which has general studies as well but also media and communication which also interests me more than construction at this point ... Heh. I have not investigated what the admission requirements are there though and the one i am at now is a bit closer..

So TL;DR > I want a simple life with a steady income so i can be lazy and do stuff i want to do whenever...

And of course, time to heal yes ... I have been struggling with serious depression for a while now. Been too harsh on myself and i do not need people telling me to walk it off.