View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Pein Offline
how the world shall know pain
Not a n00b

Points: 6,041, Level: 11 Points: 6,041, Level: 11 Points: 6,041, Level: 11

Re: Am I eating the correct food and doing the right workouts for the correct period of time in order to lose weight healthy? - September 21st 2015, 07:31 PM

On first note Im not doctor nor nutritionist. So Id suggest talking to one of them in terms of diet related stuff. But I can say they will suggest cutting back or getting rid of sugary drinks and drink water. But to spice up the flavor of water get one of those water enhancer things like mio for example. But id suggest just sticking with plain water. A doc would also say get a good mix of your proteins, fats, and carbs though eating quality meats ( chicken, steak, fish) same with carbs ( sweet potatoes, brown rice, multigrain breads) and you'll get the fats you need from your meats, but it wouldn't hurt to get a small amount from a good olive oil. and the doc could help you with getting what you need right.

Now for your workout routine. get a good mix of cardio and resistance training. so for cardio you can choose anything. from rowing like you already do, jogging, jumping rope, walking. but for a good steady state cardio work up to 20-30 min daily. Honestly id suggest just a good brisk walk for a half hour soak up some outside while listening to your fav music or a audiobook or podcast.

And for resistance training, that can be anything from working out in a gym to just doing some simple bodyweight training. Id suggest sticking with bodyweight training for a while though. That will help with getting a good amount of strength and muscle tone without getting too big. Plus it will help with your structural integrity meaning you will have a good posture, and your body will move with good function and everything will move correctly. That will also help if you ever decide to go to the gym as well.

With resistance training stick with a good full body workout 3 days a week with a rest day in between each day and rest on weekends. so for example do resistance training monday, wednesday, and friday. while resting tuesday, thursday, saturday, and sunday. or vise versa.

And If you'd like just send me a message and I will give you a very simple, yet very effective workout routine that if done with a proper diet will get you great results.