View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Am I eating the correct food and doing the right workouts for the correct period of time in order to lose weight healthy? - September 22nd 2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumoirous View Post
Chicken isn't the best food to eat lots of because meat and animal products tend to be high in saturated fats
While I'm vegetarian myself, so I don't eat chicken, but I must correct this. It depends how it's prepared. Chicken on its own is actually pretty low in saturated fat, especially chicken breast, and has really good concentrations of protein, but the problems more come in on how it's prepared (if it's fried). There's also debate on how saturated fat isn't as bad as we once thought (recent studies in the last two years), but this can be an entire thread of its own, haha. But as a whole, chicken is not high in saturated fat anyway, and as long as it's boiled, broiled, or baked and not covered in caloric sauces, it's a very healthy source of protein.

Sorry Nicole. I'm very for plant-based diets, but I want to make sure the info is accurate.

something burning?