View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: girlfriend not ready for more sexual things - October 8th 2015, 03:22 PM

Rest assured, just because your friends are hooking up with girls (or boys) for a one time "fling", shall we call it, doesn't mean that you need to be doing more "advanced" sexual stuff with your girlfriend. You don't have to prove anything to anyone else, what you and your girlfriend do or do not do is no one's business but your own. I know what it's like to be 16, and everyone wants to be thought of as "doing it" because it's some ridiculous claim to status. That said, the older I got the more I realized that I, having sex at 16, was a greater rarity than I thought - far fewer people were doing it. I think a lot of people talked like they were doing it or just kept their mouths shut.

That said, you shouldn't pressure your girlfriend to do stuff. If she's not ready, then that's just how it's going to be. You're only 16 after all, and having raging hormones that are bouncing off the walls and driving you crazy doesn't necessarily equal being ready emotionally to having sex. The emotional readiness is so important for many people, both male and female. You could always try talking to your girlfriend and having a respectful conversation about why she doesn't feel ready, don't aim to pressure her, just aim to find out if it is that she feels to young, insecure, if she's waiting for marriage, if she just wants to wait for a "something" to feel ready, etc. She might not know why she isn't ready, only that she know's she's not. Perhaps hearing her out and seeking to further understand her reasons will help you respect that in a more secure way and feel better about waiting with her.

Ultimately, you have to ask yourself if it is more important for you to have sex (or do sexual things) or if it is more important that you are in a happy relationship. Yes, it is true that you can have both, but in this case you're going to have to accept that you need to wait for one of those things. Not to mention that choosing sex over your relationship doesn't necessarily gaurentee you will get it - breaking up with your girlfriend for someone who will meet those needs won't instantly get one of those girls (or boys) to meet that need, it might be a year or more of being single and sexless, whereas being patient and respectful of your girlfriends wishes means that, if you guys stay together, she'll eventually change her mind and meanwhile you are in a loving, caring relationship which sure as hell beats being single in my opinion.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions