View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Pregnant? Please help! - October 30th 2015, 04:22 PM

While it is most common for women to ovulate around the 14th day of their cycle, this is not true for everyone. It is also possible to ovulate more than once in your cycle and at any point in your cycle. This is not as common, but it is possible.

Filling a condom with water to check for leaks wont be a very accurate way to know if there was an issue with the condom. Sperm are microscopic, so even the tiniest of tear, one you can't see with the human eye, could cause an issue with the effectiveness of the condom. Condoms are only about 80% effective against preventing pregnancy when they are used correctly.

Since you are almost two weeks late, I would suggest you take a pregnancy test. An over-the-counter test can be purchased at any grocery store or pharmacy. Enough time has passed that if you are pregnant, it should give a positive reading. They are really easy to use, you should know within a few minutes if you are pregnant or not.

If you are pregnant you will need to make an appointment with your doctor to confirm the pregnancy and to find out how far along you are. Once you know all of that information you can go over your options with your doctor.

If it comes up negative, that just means you missed a period due to stress or illness, which is entirely possible. I highly recommend that if you don't want to get pregnant you use a second form of birth control, like the pill, to reduce the likelihood of pregnancy in the future. Using two forms of birth control will greatly reduce the chance, but there is not form of birth control that can completely prevent pregnancy. The only way to do that is to refrain from vaginal sex, which is also completely OK to do as well. There are many other ways to be physically intimate with your partner.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~