Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Is Zoloft the best medicine for Anxiety? - October 31st 2015, 05:12 PM

Hi Sam,
First, it is concerning that you are starting out with such a high dose of medication. I take an antidepressant (not Zoloft) but I did not start out with such a high dose.
It may be useful for you to research the medical facgts about Zoloft (ie. dose, side-effects, interactions with other medications Etc.)
You really should talk to your doctor or psychiatrist as soon as possible because it is not healthy for your body to go from nothing to 100MG of a medication.
Also, we cannot really tell you which medication is best for treating anxiety because there are many SSRI's alone and they are not even the only category of antidepressant/anxiety medication. The best way to know what the best medication is through trial and error. Let each medication you are on work for sometime (generally 4-8 weeks) before really considering changing it.
If you are having serious side-effects that are not going away and that are unbearable than talk to your doctor and request a change in medication but other than that, it really takes time and depends on individual biology.
Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.