(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: Weight Loss and Parents finding out - November 10th 2015, 07:07 PM

Hi!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you trying to hide weight loss from your parents? In any case I'm sure your parents are just concerned about you, but you are legally an adult, so yes you are entitled to make lifestyle choices for yourself.

I am concerned however that you put this in the eating disorder forum. That implies to me you're looking to hide unhealthy weight loss, and if I'm completely wrong I apologise and I'm sure you can understand my confusion! We're a recovery based website, and we can advise you on how to talk to your parents, healthy lifestyle choices and recovery. We can't and won't help you in self destructive behaviors, for example hiding an eating disorder or unhealthy weight loss from people. Like I mentioned before there could be perfectly valid reasons behind you not wanting them to know you're losing weight, but the forum you chose to put this in rings alarm bells, and I really think you need to consider why you want to hide this from your parents. Eating disorders can be sneaky things, and they often can make you feel like everyone is against you. Don't fall into that trap.

Just something to think about

Take as long as you need.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.