View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Broken Constellation Offline
Beating the odds ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Points: 9,356, Level: 14 Points: 9,356, Level: 14 Points: 9,356, Level: 14

Witch Hunt at school - November 15th 2015, 02:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

At school we have a program known as "Link Crew" in which juniors and seniors are accepted to be mentors to about 10 freshmen which they are assigned to. To get into Link Crew at my school is a rather big process; you must apply, and only 80 of the 200 or so who apply are accepted as Link Crew leaders. Furthermore, our advisors (I'll call them "B" and "M") take Link Crew very seriously. While students you are Link Crew leaders don't necessarily have to have the greatest GPA, they must be respectful students. People have been kicked out of Link Crew for swearing at teachers and for getting into trouble multiple times.

This year, my bully (let's call her Amy), was accepted to be a Link Crew leader. As was I; this was my second year as a LC leader as I was one my junior year (last year). She wasn't accepted junior year, and would tell me that I only got in because I had B as a teacher. This really hurt, amongst the other things she told me to consistently bring me down. But this year, she was accepted.

One of the freshmen in my group; let's call her K, is dating another freshmen boy. They're really cute together, but over the past few months a couple people would take pictures of them on snapchat and title it "white trash couple". A few days ago, I reported it to B, as I noticed Amy had posted a picture of them and titled it "white trash couple progressing". My intention was not to get anyone in trouble; I wanted B and M to address the Link Crew group as a whole and warn that if it happened again, people would be in serious trouble. I messaged B on Facebook, and she instantly said that she needed names. Amy's was the only one I could remember, and I told B that I would hate if Amy got kicked out of LC because of this.

Of course, she did. Furthermore, the advisor of our school's National Honor Society found out and removed Amy from her position as president. The advisor takes NHS extremely seriously, and did not think her action was appropriate for being the "face" of our schools NHS.

She's extremely upset, and there's a literal witch hunt at school to figure out who "snitched" as peers so call it. Most people believe that it was me, as some know that Amy and I aren't friends, and that they know that the freshman girl in the couple was one of my freshmen. Instead of being outraged over the fact that freshmen were being bullied over snapchat though, people (who've even been bullied themselves) keep saying that "It was just a joke" and defending Amy and her action. Furthermore, one boy even said "if I f****** find out who snitched, I'm gonna f****** beat their a**". Some people are neutral about the situation, saying that it wasn't right Amy did that but she shouldn't have been kicked out of anything, or that whoever snitched shouldn't have done that. Personally, I think Amy had what was coming to her. Furthermore, I'd feel bad for her if she was actually sorry for what she did, but she's not, and has said so multiple times, saying "I don't even know them, why should I have to apologize?" (why are you even taking pictures of them if you don't even know who they are? furthermore that is just plain rude). B is making Amy apologize to the freshmen, who were both informed about what happened. Amy is claiming that B and M ruined her life, and there's even a mini campaign at school "#justiceforamy".

Overall, I'm appalled by the fact more people have sympathy for Amy, and none for the freshmen. People at school have come up to me asking if it was me who had "snitched" (lol yeah it was me). I've lied, as B and M have told me that "I already told the truth. I don't owe it to anyone else". I don't know why people think that I would tell them it was me anyways, I'm not stupid; I know that they'd just tell Amy.

I'm already feeling shunned at school. I've talked to B and M about this and they keep assuring me that I did the right thing; and I believe that I did. I just hate how everyone is responding to this situation.

Furthermore, when B was deciding how to punish Amy, she asked fellow teachers if this was something that Amy would do. They all said "yep, that sounds like Amy".

I'm not really looking for advice. I just want to hear responses to this situation and if anyone else has experienced this before. No one knows I told except for my parents, brother, his girlfriend, and B and M. This is my senior year, and I don't want the school to end up hating me and shunning for doing the right thing.

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan