View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: Cutting sounds like the right thing to do now - November 20th 2015, 01:03 PM

Hey!

You said you don't have any talents, this is just the first thing I noticed. This is absolutely not true! One talent that I can already list is helping other feel better even when you feel like crap, that is a special kind of talent. Everyone has a talent, you may have just not found it yet, but it is there and you will find it.

Relapsing is a part of recovery. Even though you relapsed, it is not the end of the world and you can get back up to 7 days. Maybe even longer if you resist the temptations. Having cut today is not something you should be proud of but you shouldn't feel guilty about it either. Self harm is not something to be guilty about. It is just a coping mechanism that seems to work sometimes, even though in the long run it will do more damage than help. Also having cut a lot more than usual is something that happens at a certain point. When your body gets used to cutting, you need more and more cuts to get the same feeling, that is probably what happened today. It is dangerous when you get there because at that point you are more addicted to cutting and you get worse and worse cuts. I have linked the alternatives in one of your other posts so if you feel like cutting, take a look at those and try some of those out.

Also just to mention, no one is getting tired of your posts. In fact we are glad that you are trying to get help and telling people what is happening so we can help. You definitely git in here as we are all struggling with something and you struggling is acceptable. There are heaps of people in the same position as you, but not getting help, and that is where you are different from them. You are taking a step forward and getting help and that is something to congratulate you on.

Abusing drugs can be very dangerous, depending on how many you took and how your body handles drugs. If you only took a few, you probably will not have a reaction to it, or if you do you will most likely just feel dizzy or a bit sick, that's all. If you took a lot that is very dangerous, and you may need to go to the hospital to watch you and how your body copes with them. If you did take a lot, generally it takes about a day for visible symptoms to kick in so just a heads up that it will be dangerous if you took a lot. I hope you didn't though.

You shouldn't be mad at yourself. I know when people do things wrong it is the natural instinct to get mad at yourself but being mad at yourself does not change the past, nor does it help the future. All you can do is tell yourself you will make it through another day and believe it. No matter how bad the actions you take in a day are, they will never stop you being amazing and incredible. Just remember that.

You can do this. I think you are wonderful and incredibly brave for even posting this and taking initiative and wanting help. You are unbelievably wonderful. I hope you make it through the rest of the day and it all goes well.

Stay strong and message me anytime you need or post a thread. ❤❤

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.