View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Weight + depression. - December 6th 2015, 07:00 AM

Hey, Hannah.

Thank you for reaching out here. I'm sorry you struggle with this. I understand how being overweight would cause you to feel low about yourself, but I just want you to know that regardless of your weight, it doesn't make you any less of a person.

Have you spoken to a dietitian? A dietitian can give you a meal plan on what foods to eat and how much to be able to lose weight in a healthy way. Losing weight is your choice and you should be able to make that choice if you wish to, but it is extremely important to do it in a healthy way by eating the right foods and exercising. Experiment with different foods and exercise that your doctor gives you the "okay" for, to make sure you're not depriving your body of any necessities.

No matter what your weight is, you are still the same person with all your wonderful personality traits and your heart. That's what matters the most, and people who see otherwise aren't worth your time. I completely understand how your weight would impact your self esteem and be a big contributing factor in your depression, but I do hope that one day you'll feel happy in your skin regardless of your weight because you are happy about who you are as a person. I believe you can achieve that, Hannah.

Losing weight is good as long as you are being kind to yourself, you know? As long as you are happy and healthy. Stay safe and hang in there.