(#3 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Staff On Leave

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26 Points: 34,042, Level: 26

Re: First girlfriend... Now what? - December 10th 2015, 12:03 AM

A relationship really is what you two make of it, just because you two are dating now doesn't mean you have to feel like you have to rush into doing things that feel like a relationship if you aren't ready. Do what you two feel comfortable with, keep just hanging out and playing video games and watching Netflix. But if you want to hold hands while walking somewhere together or while sitting next to each other? try it and see how it feels, if it feels awkward? it might at first until you two are more comfortable with it. It might take a few tries to figure out what works. If you want to cuddle while watching Netflix, do it. You two set the pace, and it will come naturally. I worried with my first relationship this same thing "Now what? What do I do? Will I mess up?" and it came really naturally actually, it can be awkward at times, and hopefully you two can laugh it off and make the best of it and work it out.

Talk to her, communication is the MOST important thing in a relationship. Especially early on, and especially when its your first relationship. Talk about what you two want to try, but never feel pressured like you HAVE to do something because you are dating now. Using the label of dating doesn't have to change anything if it doesn't feel right. Just have fun, do fun things and enjoy each other company most of all.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.