View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: so much anxiety that ive been drawing blank since the assignmrnt was introduced. - December 12th 2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchWelshWolf View Post
I'm sorry to hear that the professor wont look over your draft. Do you know if anyone else will?

I really like your topics, and think that they will definitely fit together. It's a good start! How are you getting on with it now?
I did go to the writing center but it was really unhelpful. I don't blame them though because they're not trained to help people with survey design. The writing center is intended for help with the academic writing process. Even when I had a creative writing class I felt a similar lost and helpless feeling as I do now but the difference is that creative writing is subjective and the professor's style was rigorous in workload but a safety net in grading. This professor I have now, he is old school and a hard grader. I'm not saying that as a bad thing but I am lost with this survey design. I am not afraid of the challenge but there's something in this assignment that is just not adding up and I feel really unsettled. It is due Monday so that can be seen as either good or bad I am just gonna give my best shot and call it a day (or 3 weeks)

So I've been drafting questions that I know have problems with it but I'm sort of free-writing out all my questions. And then I'm gonna work on precise wording after. Another idea I had was to work on the answer categories first. I was not given any strategies with this and that's what's frustrating but I'm trying to forge my own path. The scary part is the grade. I guess I'm glad I at least attempted this project earlier, despite not having progressed much. Whereas some classmates told me they've have not even touched it.

My biggest concern is with how to pose the question effectively. I am not good with wording and that's the skill I need for this project.

My second biggest concern is what questions I am choosing to ask over others. The artist's choice paradox. Every decision I make is all the other decisions I am rejecting.