View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
JazzyJazz Offline
Associate HelpLINK Mentor
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11 Points: 5,906, Level: 11

Re: Extreme violence/anger + self harm - December 14th 2015, 01:30 AM

I'm sorry to read that your dad behaves the way he does and I'm not surprised it causes you to flip out and do destructive things. Bipolar or not, everyone has the potential to get angry and I don't think you should see yourself as a freak.

However, it might be better to try and direct your anger at something inanimate rather than your brother. Shred some paper, scribble with a felt tip pen until it runs out of ink, hit a pillow, fill some water balloons and launch them out of the window. Anything that (hopefully) won't cause someone else to get hurt (this includes you!)

Despite the fact that your dad is very controlling of the therapy situation, I think it's great that you are seeing a therapist because at least s/he is someone who you can vent to. It must surely give you a sense of justice to know that he can't hear what you're saying about him?

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about making a scene in the waiting room. You're in therapy, you're allowed to be a little crazy.

I'm glad that making this thread allowed you to feel a little calmer. You can always PM me in future if you want to vent without creating a thread or journal entry.

~ Jasmine

Be kind to yourself.