Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: dating and depression - December 20th 2015, 04:52 AM

Hey,

Firstly, when she said "why are you depressed" I don't think she meant it to be an accusation, it sounds like she was just trying to understand what was happening. If she is usually supportive then I don't think she would suddenly turn against you and start being rude. She sounds really amazing and I'm so glad you think so highly of her. You said you are used to people leaving you, but by the sounds of it she sounds different as she is supportive. That sounds like she isn't planning on leaving any time soon. I know it is going to be hard but you need to try trusting her a little bit more than you are already, maybe try telling her what you are feeling and if there is a reason behind it, like when she asks why are you depressed, you could tell her to help her understand a bit more. That way she can help you and understand what makes you feel depressed.

Remember it isn't your fault when the depression gets triggered, you are trying your best and I'm sure your girlfriend will understand that. When you feel depressed, try writing out how you are feeling in a diary, or even in the blog section of TeenHelp, to let out your emotions. When I was struggling it certainly helped me, so I'm hoping it helps you as well. It also means that your girlfriend can help understand more of what is happening inside of your head if you don't feel able to tell her verbally, you can show her the diary. When you feel like everything is falling apart, just take care of yourself and try and be nice to yourself. It s important that you take care of your own feelings as well as looking out for others. If you feel like you are bothering someone, ask and don't just assume that that is what is happening. It could be completely different to what you think.

Believe in yourself and I'm sure it will all work out. When you feel like you can't do that, remember you have a girlfriend who cares for you and will support you. I hope everything works out and you grow stronger as a couple.

All the best,
Hilary

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.