(#7 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: About to get suspended from school - January 12th 2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistofFate_07 View Post
So there's this girl who had called me a faggot on Friday. I'm planning on fighting her during gym on Monday with is why the title says that I'm about to get suspended. This isn't the first time she had disrespected me. She disrespected me before winter break too. She had called me a rainbow. Sounds funny but you know what I'm done. I always promised myself that if someone disrespects my because of my sexuality then I would stand up for myself. Even if that means fighting. But what do you guys think? What would you do if this was you?
You are being too explosive about it. There are better ways of getting back at people like that, than kicking their ass in front of everyone.

Firstly, don't do it in front of everyone (lol). You're less likely to get suspended then.

Secondly, don't do it at all unless absolutely necessary. You don't gain someone's respect by kicking their ass, because that just is not how "respect" works. At all. "Standing up for yourself" doesn't have to mean "beating others up".

There are two strategies I'd use in the first place. Either:
1. Ignore it altogether. You've got better things to do with your life, than take stupid risks by beating up stupid people who seriously aren't worth it
2. Escalate the situation, subtly. I don't recommend this though. What it involves, is that you give her the reaction she wants. You act like the victim. This will increasingly embolden her, until you get your chance to strike back. Even by simply telling a teacher, which should be good enough. What you want first though before you go to a teacher with this, is evidence, and that's what this strategy is about. If she is stupid enough, she will even do it in front of a teacher. Otherwise, just use a smartphone to record her when she doesn't know about it. But this "strategy" means you'll have to take a lot shit and swallow it. It's why I don't recommend it. It doesn't sound like it would suit you.

Will this solve the problem? No guarantee. What I really want to say here though is: think it through, before you act.

You'd be surprised, but I even have a "protocol" written down which I stick to, when dealing with unpleasant people. It's just something to organise my thoughts and remind myself of a few basic rules on how to deal with assholes, when I might be too worked up and angry to remember it naturally. Violance & physical confrontations are on the list, but they are the last on the list, used once everything else fails.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by NonIndigenous; January 13th 2016 at 09:49 PM.