Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Depression, Part III
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Depression, Part III - January 15th 2016, 02:56 AM

How long do you have to decide to withdraw from classes? I know that here we have three weeks to make the choice to drop without anything showing on our transcripts and then we have nine weeks to get a W. School does give you structure but it also causes a lot of stress and if you are struggling this much it might just add to it.

Do you think that after you go on this trip (since you say you can keep yourself safe till then) that you could then go into the hospital or at least be honest with your support team? I know that might be hard to do but I assure you it doesn't make you a failure. I think reaching out for help and accepting that you need more help then you are currently getting makes you strong.

You have only been out of the hospital for three days? It is possible that the structure you got at the hospital kind of messed with you and is making the transition back into the real world more difficult. I know when I got out of the hospital the first time I was acting really weird, was super depressed and cried. My parents ended up calling the hospital and asking if they needed to bring me back and the hospital told me that this can sometimes happen to patients. I hope this doesn't sound like I am belittling your experience but it could be a factor in to why you are feeling so badly. So, as you adjust to being back in the real world you might start feeling better and be able to re-evaluate what you need.