View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ThisWillDestroyYou Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18 Points: 16,327, Level: 18

Re: Failed High school !! Help please - January 25th 2016, 04:00 PM

Just because you failed high school doesn't mean you can't pursue your dreams. It just means you'll have to try a lot harder and learn from your mistakes. Engineering isn't an easy discipline. I'm studying aerospace engineering presently. Engineering courses (in the US) can be very time consuming with their labs. The homework alone is dreadful. I spend roughly 20 hours/wk in class and about 40 hrs/wk doing homework. This doesn't include preparing for labs, lab write ups, and preparing for class (reading the book and making sure you understand it). I wasn't a great student in high school, but I turned around in college. It takes a LOT of work and dedication. A lot of times I want to stop because I feel burned out. You just have to stick with it and not give up, even when it looks like you're going to fail. You only REALLY fail once you give up. Stick with it, just know you're going to have to make it up and work a lot harder than you previously did, and harder than your peers. I probably work 1.5 times as hard/long on my work as peers just because I wasn't as inclined to science when I was younger, so it takes me longer to adjust to the material and learn it (either that or maybe I'm just a slow learner haha). But literally, when people tell work on their assignments, if it takes them 2 hours, it usually takes me 3.5 hours, etc. It sucks, but in the end it'll (hopefully) be awesome.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan