View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Feeling really depressed through lack of freedom from parents, suicidal thoughts.. :( - January 27th 2016, 01:34 PM

Hello

I think it's best to have a heart-to-heart with them , and tell them that you want a little more time to enjoy being who you are, and they are just worried that you'll get into trouble. However, I do agree that what they're doing is a little too overbearing.. a little too protective. It might be best to rant out to them civilly and calmly in order to slowly get them to understand your feelings. It might take them some time to understand you and really start to help you, but it'll eventually work.

Parents will always love their children, especially in cases where children are overprotected. Some of them are just too worried, too protective and so they err on the side of caution. But once you get them to understand, things will improve and you'll be able to enjoy more freedom.

However, if they don't act like how you want them to and they don't give you more leeway, then it might be time to rebel, because everyone deserves a childhood. Being sheltered and prevented from mixing around can be detrimental to someone, and sometimes you just gotta make things work for yourself. No matter what, you deserve to survive and be happy because you deserve to experience fun and happy moments with friends where you will smile many , many times over.

If you want any more advice or just a friend to rant to, remember that I'm always here and that my pm box is always open. It's good to rebel sometimes, too.. because I'm pretty certain that your parents are a little overprotective, and it might be a need for you to get some childhood fun yourself. You deserve happy memories

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.