Thread: Pregnant teen
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Pregnant teen - January 28th 2016, 02:49 PM

If you think that you are pregnant, you have to get a pregnancy test. You can get them at a pharmacy for not too much money (it seems to average out at $7 to $15). If you can't afford it, you can go to your local health unit or Planned Parenthood and they'll probably give it to you for free. If it has been at least 2 weeks since the time of conception, there will be enough hormones in your urine to show a positive result if you're pregnant. I would recommend doing at least 2 tests at different times during the day (e.g. at morning and again at night). I've heard that the morning is a really good time to do a test because the hormones tend to be more concentrated or something like that, but realistically I am sure that any time of day will do.

If you are pretty sure you're pregnant, you should follow up with your doctor or other health care provider, regardless of the results, just to make really sure, especially if you only do 1 test.

Once you know if you're pregnant or not, then you can tell your parents. Do you feel safe telling them? That's really important because even if your scared to tell them, you need to be safe to keep living there. You can always tell the parent that you're closest to first, and ask that parent to help you talk to the other parent, that way you don't have to try having that conversation with two parents.

Don't forget that you have options too ok. If you find out that you're pregnant, you can get an abortion, choose to have your baby adopted, or you can keep it. The choice you make will be right no matter what you do; it's your choice and that's all that matters. If you decide to keep the baby, it's true that you'll have to find a way to deal with the financial side of it, which can be a huge struggle for young moms, but I've seen it be done (a few of my friends stuck close to home for family support, worked, finished high school even if they got their GED's, and went to college, and now their doing fine).

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions