View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Evenstar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,409, Level: 9 Points: 4,409, Level: 9 Points: 4,409, Level: 9

Think I might have anxiety, not sure how to proceed - February 9th 2016, 08:20 PM

I think I might have anxiety, for multiple reasons.
I experience excessive worry constantly, and will worry about something for days. Bothered by the worry in dreams, bothered by it in school, even when I'm temporarily distracted my mind jumps back to it. It could be something as trivial as the health of my new pet fish, and I get very paranoid. Like a lot of people, I have stage fright, but I worry about presenting months before I actually have to (if it's that big of a project). Then once the time comes, I start shaking, my voice breaks, I get all tingly, blush, almost cry if a friend looks at me in a way my panicked mind thinks is odd. This continues for up to a half an hour after I present. I can bsrely approach the guidance counselor about a mistake in my schedule without freaking out. I sleep horribly, taking hours to fall asleep, dreaming vividly and sometimes have lucid dreams, waking up after every dream. I wake up about two minutes before my alarm goes off for school, and it never fails to scare me.
I'm usually very tired and irritable throughout the day, and my family ridicules me for being antisocial and preferring to read in my room rather than hang out with them. I'm made fun of for stories I wrote in third grade, because I won't let my family see what I write now.
All of this adds up to sound like anxiety, but I'm still really not sure. Because I worry so much all the time, my parents will blow me off and say I'm overreacting. I'm not sure what I should do.. they think I'm an idiot because I second guess myself so often that it sounds like I'm never paying attention, because I keep asking if I'm doing something right.
Any help and advice would be highly appreciated