View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: College students/freshman, in television shows set in highschool, do you still find a way to relate to the series? - February 22nd 2016, 01:18 AM

I've been out of high school for ages and still love those TV shows.

For one, I find that these "teenagers" don't have real teenager problems. Take a show like Gossip Girl for example (which I've recently been rewatching) - Chuck buys or manages or does something a strip club that his dad technically bought when he's 17 years old and his dad is all like "yo, you should take more respionsibility at your strip club". No, just NO, he's 17 and should be worried about writing his SAT's or his chemistry final NOT worrying about managing a strip club. So much of the stuff that happens is "adult" stuff, so that keeps one element relatable. There are a TON of shows like this where the characters (and I mean most of them, not 1 or 2 of them) actually act like they're in their 20's. Plus, most of the actors are 25 and claim to be 16-17. It's not as dramatic for women, but a 25 year old man is WAY older than a 16 year old man (eg. more physically bulky, more facial hair, face is older) cause men finish maturing so much later than women.

Plus, a lot of these teeny shows have a nostalgic feel to them. Like they're still enjoyable, even when the kids do still act like normal kids.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions