(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Do i have depression? - February 27th 2016, 04:37 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry you're going through this. But so glad you've come to us for some help.

It sounds like you're family aren't very supportive in regards to mental health and that must be really hard for you considering you're struggling. You can sit them down and try and talk to them if you want but either way I think you should seek help from someone else such as a school counsellor, your doctor or a teacher. These people really do care and can help you and I want you to have that support network because it can be so vital to recovery. I used to have a lot of support from school and it literally saved my life. I wouldn't be where I am today with out the teachers I had. Just have a think about it. I know reaching out can be hard and talking to people and being honest can be hard but it can be well worth it. Also if you struggle to talk the. You could always write something down instead. I know that's helped me a lot in the past.

Have a look at the alternatives to self harm that cassie has given to you. I know they can get tiring but they can be really helpful and keep us busy which is ultimately keeping you safe. And that's important in this, you being safe. So things like colouring, writing, running, playing games, being with friends, coming online, petting pets, cleaning pets out, reading, music, art, etc are all good things to try but there are loads of ideas in the link you've been given.

Also get your emotions out. Blogging on here can be really helpful for me so that might be something you want to think about or you can always keep a journal too. I also do that and find it helpful. And then if there's someone you begin to trust, you can even show them entries you've made if you want too. It's just good to get your emotions out instead of self harming.

Self harming doesn't help and you don't deserve it. You are worth so, so much more than that and I hope one day you can recognise that for yourself but until then we'll keep reminding you of it. And please come to us for support whenever you need any help because we're always going to be here. We're not going anywhere and want to se you through this and help you. Okay?mstay strong and stay fighting. We're rooting for you my friend.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018