(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Any struggling psychosis/anxiety people - March 4th 2016, 12:59 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time with all this right now. I am glad you have come to us here at Teenhelp for some help and support. I do hope we can help you in some way.

Anxiety can be a difficult one. Do you use any skills to deal with it and manage it? I struggle badly with anxiety but my medication helps me and so do my skills. It might be a good idea for you to try doing some relaxation daily and then also when you feel anxious. Mindfulness can be a good one too even though it can be hard to get your head around it and it takes practice. You can youtube it and find some mindfulness exercises. I know the body scan really helps me and so does sometimes just taking deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Can you try doing this breathing exercise when you feel anxious? It can be hidden quite well so its a really good one to use I think. Also CBT might help with the anxiety if that's something you feel you'd like to look in to or talk to your doctor or psychiatrist about.

I haven't been diagnosed wit psychosis but I do have hallucinations and paranoia so I can relate to how hard it can be to deal with it all. If your medication isn't working the I suggest you talk to your psychiatrist again and see whether changing them again would be a good idea or upping the dose might be but it also depends on how long you have been on these new ones for. They do take some time to kick in to your system.

Either way I think counselling might help you too. Someone to talk to who will listen, someone to cry in front in a safe place, someone to teach you skills and give you advice etc. It might be really good for you if you aren't already in counseling.

If you'd like to talk about it more, please feel free to do so. Just remember you're like every other person. Your mental illness does not define you. And I believe in you and know you can get through this so keep on fighting and don't give up. Use your support system and if you don't have a very god one then maybe its time to make one.

Hope this helps and hope you're okay.
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018