Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: Is this self harm? - March 6th 2016, 03:12 AM

Hey,

I classify self harm as anything I do to purposefully hurt myself, so yes I would classify what you do as self harm. There are many forms of self harm which people can do, and hitting yourself is one that you can take. I know I have done that before just to leave bruises when I didn't have anything to cut myself with. Self harm does not always have to be cutting, that is the main one but it is in so many other forms as well.

As Jessie said, we care about you and want what is best for you, so if you ever need support with anything we are always here to help. There's also the list of hotlines that you can use as a second option, or in cases of emergencies. Talk to people around you and see if they can help you as well, it's always good to have support in real life as well as virtual help.

Taking a look at the alternatives list if you have not already is a good idea as it has plenty of options for what to do instead of hurting yourself, and it accounts for the fact there are other forms of self harm and includes ones for what you are feeling. Also having a look at the "is this self harm" thread would be beneficial, just so you can gain an understanding of why it would be self harm and how to stop it.

Take care.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.