View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TVC17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,550, Level: 9 Points: 4,550, Level: 9 Points: 4,550, Level: 9

Re: Should I have told someone that my cousin was raped? - March 13th 2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
It can take a while for people to come to terms with being raped, and for that reason, I think it is better for your friend to tell people when she feels she is ready. Telling people can be hard if you haven't yet accepted it yourself and everyone is different when it comes to how long that takes. The only time I'd suggest telling someone about your friend is if you think she is in danger, whether that's harming herself or if you think someone is going to harm her again. In the meantime, I think you should try to support her however you can.
That's the thing though he's a criminal and he threatened her and secondly that my mom and our family will find out. Because she's I guess hoping it's her boyfriends but her bf is white and the guy is I think mixed or something. I think it may come out anyway. Maybe I should just be prepared I guess. But my mom isn't very understanding and doesn't like to be lied to. I don't know I guess all I can do is hope the best for her.

But I feel like there's a lot of denial with this for her. Therefore maybe why she wants to ignore this whole issue that she might be in. But it sucks because it's hard to help someone in such denial.