View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TVC17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,550, Level: 9 Points: 4,550, Level: 9 Points: 4,550, Level: 9

Re: Should I have told someone that my cousin was raped? - March 13th 2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
A lot of abusers will use threats to scare their victims into staying silent. Of course, all threats should be taken seriously but the intent behind them definitely does vary. Maybe you can talk to your friend and see what she thinks of the threats and of whether or not she feels like she's in danger because of them. Maybe you can encourage her to seek help and give her some time to do that, and then if she doesn't get help on her own you can tell someone about it. If you want to tell your mom but are afraid of her judgement maybe you can tell her but stay vague. For instance, you might tell her that your friend went through a traumatic experience or was harmed by someone instead of coming out and saying she was raped.
I don't think that's it. I think he wants her to get an abortion. I think that was the problem not exactly the rape. she said that she didn't want anything to do with him Idk the response I really was not supposed to be listening. Maybe say someone else because my mom already thinks she's dealing with a lot.

I don't think she will because she's trying to hide this altogether. But I can try