View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ThatOneGuyDead Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Conan

Points: 4,556, Level: 10 Points: 4,556, Level: 10 Points: 4,556, Level: 10

Question Eating Disorder of some sort? - March 17th 2016, 08:51 AM

I will mention first and foremost that I DO have Schizophrenia if it does somehow end up related to the problem at hand.

I've recently noticed (about a year ago "recent") that I only eat about twice a day and its usually nothing more than a single sandwich and maybe a handful of chips at best, and that is if I even eat all of it. As a male who has a fast metabolism you would think I would have an appetite like enough to eat a horse but I really don't, and I'm steadily losing weight (at a slow rate maybe a few pounds every couple of months) which is not really good thing considering I'm almost 20 but barely EDITEDand 5'5"

If something even vaguely negative/stressful happens my whole stomach stops and I can't eat anything for at least an hour or two, this can range from a text saying "we need to talk" to hearing a loud noise outside, from my hearing my mother arguing with her boyfriend to my girlfriend being slightly passive aggressive, from my thinking of bad scenarios to disappointing someone.

I never actually "feel" hungry, my stomach may growl and churn but I never actually get the hunger sensation, or at least not very strongly. Its so bad that I occasionally forget to eat for whole a day even, all because I didn't remember if I had eaten or not.

I hoard food as well, and will keep it long past expiration as long as its not extremely stale or moldy. I started doing this a few years ago honestly and it just progressively got worse and now I have a whole duffel bag filled with old food that I do eat on occasion. I tend to accumulate more than throw away or consume, and its confusing because I don't really know why but it started about the time my lack of eating did.

I used to LOVE sweets and could eat probably my body weight in food a day, but now I find just about all food disgusting to even look at let along taste or smell, eating is more of a mechanical process and an annoying and time consuming necessity than something to enjoy. I genuinely hate food, it all is essentially the same thing to me, boring flavor, boring texture, boring shape, boring color, and boring process that all ends the same.

I know these are not good signs, it doesn't seem like Anorexia or Bulimia, so what is it? Any help outside of the obvious and droll "see a psychiatrist" and "talk to a doctor" routine would be much obliged.

Last edited by Palmolive; March 17th 2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Weight numbers are not allowed on Teenhelp!