View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
deerpark Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,396, Level: 9 Points: 4,396, Level: 9 Points: 4,396, Level: 9

Moving into a college dorm..single vs. double!? - April 3rd 2016, 08:33 PM

I am really stuck on whether to request a single or a double for my college dorm room.

Next year I will be attending school at an extremely small liberal arts school (less than 2,000 students) therefore the student body is extremely welcoming and friendly. I will be playing soccer here, so I will have an immediate family on campus. I am generally a pretty social person anyways, so I don't think making friends will be an issue for me. In addition I have some habits--such as staying up late, playing music all the time, passing out then waking up extremely early to shower, etc--that I know no roommate would want to endure. These things make me lean towards a single dorm.

On the flip side, I am an extremely easy-going person. I don't mind other people's habits, and I could easily control my own bad habits if it was worth it... because I have extreme fear of missing out. I know that you don't always get the perfect roommate, but if you get a good one then you always have someone built in to talk to, go out with, get advice from, get ready with, etc. In addition I don't want to be stuck in a bubble with only one group of friends--I want to branch out and meet everyone!

So that's my dilemma. My self-indulgent side is clashing with my need to be social. I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice you may have... does it seem like I'm leaning towards one or the other?