Thread: Triggering: After Anorexia?
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
someday-we-fly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,936, Level: 10 Points: 4,936, Level: 10 Points: 4,936, Level: 10

Question After Anorexia? - April 7th 2016, 10:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It's been almost a year since I've stopped seeing my doctor for anorexia and my weight has been recovered, however even though it's been so long, I still can't help thinking about anorexia every day, and it really stresses me out. All these negative thoughts and all the things that happened when I had anorexia still haunt me and I don't know what to do. :|

I can't concentrate, my grades are slipping, and I just feel so hopeless. I don't know if this is depression, PTSD or whatever it is, and I don't want to go to a counselor or anything, because I'm supposed to be okay and I don't want to raise any red flags. I can't talk to my friends. because none of them know about my struggle with anorexia, and I am just unable to talk about my anorexia with anyone, because it makes me so anxious.

Will I ever get over anorexia? Or is it gonna be in my head everyday, haunting me? I honestly don't know what to do, because even though I am "recovered", it doesn't feel like it when the same thoughts run through my head 24/7.