(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: New to site; trans issues - April 18th 2016, 12:15 PM

Hey Welcome to the site.

It can take a long time for parents to come around to the idea of their child being trans, and some parents never do unfortunately, but that doesn't mean that you can't live authentically and be happy. It's really good that you've told them. I know that there are some religious groups that are accepting of trans people, maybe you could have a look for some information on it so you have something to show them. It is possible to be religious and trans, and possible to be religious and accepting of trans people.

In regards to transitioning, testosterone does help a little with hips because it redistributes where you hold some of your weight. It's not a magic fix all but it does help (just like it also changes the shape of your face to be more masculine).

There are cis men with big butts and curvy hips though. It's not as common, but bodies come in a variety of different shapes and regardless of what shape your body is, you're still a man.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I know in most places once you're eighteen you can start transitioning on your own as you won't need parental consent any more. If you're not eighteen yet, that would be something to look forward to. Testosterone actually works really well for trans guys even if they transition late, and most trans guys who've been on testosterone a while pass really well.

I hope some of this helps, and if you want to ask me anything or talk about anything feel free to pm me.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.