View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kyburg Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 5,617, Level: 11 Points: 5,617, Level: 11 Points: 5,617, Level: 11

Re: All I Do Is Work - April 20th 2016, 07:50 PM

Firstly, it's fantastic that you're volunteering your time. The world needs more people like you. About being ridiculously busy, that's the story of my life. My school demands a lot from me, both academically and otherwise. Between all of that, I have little time for my friends, and we are starting to split up now. I think that the best way to handle this is to find a time when you are free, and go to your friends and say, "Hey, I've got some free time at whenever and I'd really like to do something with you." If they are good friends, they'll usually say yes.

As for parties, if you're very busy and out of the loop, parties can actually be a huge waste of time because you won't enjoy yourself as much. If you are going to parties, make sure that its with people you know so you don't end up alone in a corner.

Lastly, if you are feeling like it's all too much and you can't handle it, just take a moment to breathe, organize your thoughts, put on some music and get down to work. There's no time like the present. Just take things one day at a time.

Good luck!