View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
~anongirl~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: anonymousgurl

Points: 6,307, Level: 11 Points: 6,307, Level: 11 Points: 6,307, Level: 11

Question Dealing with being that awkward loser at school - May 1st 2016, 04:32 PM

So, I'm a really quiet person at school who has few friends. People hate being on the same team as me in sports/PE, because I'm probably the worst student in that class (skill-wise, not behavior-wise). People also hate being in group projects as me, because I don't talk much.
So yeah, right now its quite obvious to practically the whole grade that I'm the shy, quiet loser in the corner who doesn't say anything or do anything right.

Anyways, I noticed something lately: when I talk or say something, people act kind of different than when other people talk. It's like, I'll say something, and everyone gets all quiet and exchanges awkward looks, or just kinda look at each other then look away. Some people just look down at the ground.

I feel like maybe I'm kind of awkward. I don't know what to do, this has been happening since the beginning of the year, I've tried everything but nothing works! I try to observe how others act then try to apply it so that I won't be so awkward, but when I actually try to act like them it comes out soooo weird and kind of lame. It's pathetic.

I've talked to my friends about it and they claim I'm not awkward. But lately, when I say something, even THEY give each other looks! They feel bad afterwards and always try to make it up because they know it hurts my feelings, but I don't want them to be nice just so I won't feel bad.

I'm stuck and need help. I feel so embarrassed, and this whole "look" thing people give each other when I say something really degrades and humiliates me, I feel like a loser. I need advice... how can I be more "normal"? Any tips on how to be more comfortable socially?