View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
max05896 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,439, Level: 9 Points: 4,439, Level: 9 Points: 4,439, Level: 9

Telling your parents - May 9th 2016, 05:28 AM

I would just like to explain a little bit about my problem and about how I built up the courage to tell a parent. I think this may help someone else who is struggling to tell a parent about their depression.

So I was diagnosed with depression at a young age maybe 8 years old I don't remember to much about back then I'm not even sure if I truly had depression but that is just what I was diagnosed with. But now I am 17 years old I graduate high school this month and I currently have ADD and am taking adderal which helps tremendously for school.

But here's why I believe I have depression. I can not have a full conversation with my parents or brother. It's always just yes or no.I don't talk much during school. I don't really have any friends nobody try's to contact me to hangout with them which I believe is another cause to it . I will sometimes think about how nobody cares about me and how my life sucks and I'll just start crying.

But finally I got the courage to tell my parents I need help. My mom was sitting on the couch watching tv and I went and sat down by her for a bit and i said hey I think we should go see the doctor because I don't think it's right how I barely talk and I'm Always so dull. (I was going to say how I wasn't happy but she took the words out of my mouth). She said yea I think you might be a little depressed. I said yea maybe . She totally agreed we should go.

I was just really happy I got the courage to do this and I really wanted to share it. But it is really not that hard to tell your parents these things trust me !