(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Sister Dealing with Depression - May 11th 2016, 09:25 PM

Hello

Firstly, what a lucky sister your is to have you in her life. You sound so caring and that's great!

Secondly, medication can take several weeks, sometimes more to kick in and have their full effect. And in the meantime, they can have side affects such as headaches, sickness etc but also mentally too like suicidal thoughts, strong urges for the person to harm themselves, low moon and so on. I think it is important that your sister tries to stick this medication out for several weeks unless her doctor who prescribed her it suggests otherwise.

I struggle with low moods and depression and honestly sometimes I genuinely want to be left alone. However sometimes I want somebody with me so badly it hurts. So just offer your support and if she tells you to leave, I would leave but if she doesn't, let her know you're there for her to talk to and maybe you could both do some distractions together like watching a film or playing a game or even going out.

But just remember to look after yourself too. You are just as important in this as your sister is and you need to be well too.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie.

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018