(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Boyfriend and recipes. - May 21st 2016, 04:35 PM

Here's a recipe my mom often makes for my dad! Maybe you can also make a side of steamed broccoli or a salad that he likes (it's okay if he covers it with ranch haha, as long as he gets the veggies!). My mom makes it with rice, but if you want to lower carbs you don't have to, or you can make it with brown rice for some fiber. Quinoa would be a good replacement as well, higher in protein!

I'd ask him how fructose affects his blood sugar, and consider smoothies! I know very little about diabetes tbh so it's hard for me to recommend, but smoothies are a very good way to sneak veggies in! You can do a frozen banana, his favorite fruit (I like a granny smith apple in this recipe), a cup of spinach, and your choice of milk for consistency. I'd also put a protein powder if it was going to be breakfast, or a few tablespoons of peanutbutter!

If you want him to experiment with spices more, consider doing an Indian style chicken! Indian food is just bomb. Try looking up recipes on Indian butter chicken or something. Once again, these come with rice typically so make the choice of the amount of carbs he needs depending on blood sugar. On researching those recipes, I stumbled upon this one and it looks good too! It's not Indian but has some amazing spices, plus low-carb!

Does he like eggs? Those can be good replacements as well.

Sorry, you got another long-time vegetarian. But I'm also a foodie, so I hope cooking together is fun!

something burning?