View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
chloereedy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,201, Level: 9 Points: 4,201, Level: 9 Points: 4,201, Level: 9

Re: Boyfriend getting close to female friend - May 26th 2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee. View Post
Many people besides my partner have been my best friend on Snapchat; if my partner were to care about each and every guy I've befriended or spent hours on end talking to, he'd be a very stressed out man. He made a friend of the opposite sex. Could they be more than friends? Of course, but you're going to have to choose whether or not you trust him.

To be honest, this relationship seems to have a large amount of problems outside of A by the amount of breakups and fights happening in a short amount of time. What is the cause of these fights? What is the issue you two are arguing about? I think addressing all issues is more important than talking to him about the girl. Is it all about communication? Can you get him to elaborate on no longer feeling "connected?" Do you think spending more time after exams will fix this, or do you think you two are growing apart?
A few of the arguments stem from me getting annoyed when he won't open up to, I'll admit that - if I notice he's upset or annoyed and I ask him what's wrong, he won't tell me, which leads to think that he doesn't want my help, or I can't help him. Other times I think is just mainly because we don't see each other for a while - it often happens, when it gets to the point where it's been a couple of weeks since the last time we've seen each other and there's quite a bit of tension, but it disappears when we see each other again.

After exams I do plan to see him a lot more often which I think will fix things - we used to see each other every weekend and things were always great during the week. From my side of things, I do believe that the tension does come from missing each other, but I could be wrong.