(#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Boyfriend getting close to female friend - May 27th 2016, 04:56 PM

I'd recommend talking to him about it. With the opening up, this is also a socialized thing. Men are not socialized to be as open with their feelings as women are, and this can be very obnoxious, but he's not meaning to be reclusive.

I also want to put out the idea that it's okay if he trusts talking to another person about his problems more than you. If my partner is having issues surrounding his career, I'm not the best person for him to talk to about it, his best friend is. They're both in the same field, his friend can give him better advice. Sometimes, he goes to a friend who is a girl about advice, maybe even advice about me. That's okay. Your boyfriend might be going to that friend of his (or another friend, for that matter) with things he does not tell you, and I don't think that makes him a bad boyfriend. If you're not okay with that, you need to tell him, but personally, I feel humans naturally use other humans for their best skill sets. If this girl has experience with parents divorcing, for example, and he needs that advice, he may go to her.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

something burning?