View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Share your stories from work? - May 29th 2016, 07:39 PM

My issues come from coworkers not from customers. Yes, sometimes I have creepy men hit on me (which is really uncomfortable) and sometimes a customer is rude or angry for no reason, but that's easy to shake off because it has nothing to do with me; you can usually tell when a customer is going to be rude because they show it in their behaviour the second they approach you and you have no idea what will set them off (like some people get pissed about questions that I ask / say to everyone and 99.9% of the time the customer is super chill about it and you get that one asshole who is a douche about it). With coworkers it's worse though, like I'll have people getting pissed cause I talked to someone for 30 seconds or because I accidentally left something on a counter a few times and I'm always wondering how small and angry their internal world is when that's the sort of thing that they have the time to get upset about and they take their super easy, simple and mundane jobs waaaaaaaay to seriously. It ends up feeling really insulting and demeaning. I can't even go to anyone about it because it is the managers who are contributing by also really rude and ignorant. I had a manger get mad at me because I was trying to pick up a form to get time off for a funeral; I wasn't even filling it out, I was just trying to get it so I wouldn't forget when I had a break and he threatened not to give me the time off if I did it on "his time" and I was really upset because it was for a funeral, it's not like I was planning a vacation to Cuba or something and it's not like I was standing around for 5+ minutes, I literally stopped for less than 30 seconds; I despise how retail people think they can squeeze you for every last second like that because I am now scared to go to my locker for my medications because they might see me and get mad at me.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.