View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59

Re: Share your stories from work? - June 1st 2016, 04:05 AM

Today was my first day on the job and I was being trained on the register. I think my experiences were the typical ones from retail. We had the guy who dumped everything from his hand basket onto the counter instead of placing neatly. Then I had a lady who was upset because she had a coupon for free umbrellas but our specific store didn't carry them. She asked why our manager didn't order them and I said I didn't know but we could see if another one of our stores did. She said that her son is the manger of one of our stores and she'll just have to ask her son why our manager doesn't have us carry the umbrellas. Well, if it's that important, why not just shop at your son's store? Then we had the guy come in like two minutes from close.

I worked at a warehouse last summer and work as a tobacco free ambassador during the school year and don't really have any stories from those, except that I get to do some advocacy as a TFA soon.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive