MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31 Points: 48,277, Level: 31

Re: "My Bullied Son's Last Day on Earth" - April 24th 2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
Just something that should never happen, but untill teachers, students work togeter more to stop this kind of activity bullies will always exist.
I agree.
I'm not sure about actually pressing charges against bullies. Chances are that the boy who killed himself already had self esteem issues beforehand, and it's not strictly the bully who deserves all of the blame. I'm sure there were other things that went on in this kids life that may have pressured him to commit suicide.

I do think, though, that teachers and parents should do more things to stop bullying not while it's happening, but before it happens. Why not educate kids on how much bullying can actually hurt people emotionally. I think that often by the time a kid tells a teacher or a parent they're being bullied, emotional damage has already been done. Kids should know about these things, about kids committing suicide because of bullying, so much so that they don't even think of ever bullying and hurting someone that much. They should also assure kids that it's okay to stand up for themselves and simply tell an adult. I think to often parents or other adults accuse kids of being "tattle tales" without assuring them that there are certain situations in which they should let an adult know what's going on.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts